Our Commitment to Your Privacy
• the information we collect from you via the website and the online services provided through the website;
• how and why we collect such information;
• how we use and with whom we share such information;
• how you can access and update such information; and
• the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personal Information. Harbour Group only collects personal information that you submit to us. Harbour Group does not collect Social Security Numbers, credit card or bank account information or other such financial information from users of our website. You have the opportunity to submit personal information (such as name, company affiliation, job title, email address, phone number, and physical address) via the website for the following purposes:
• Receiving Harbour Group Communications or Publications. We use this information to send you the requested communications. Harbour Group or its service providers may use persistent cookies (described below) to identify you as a subscriber and continue to deliver content to you.
• Asking for Further Information. You have the opportunity to provide feedback to us or make inquiries of us through the “Contact Us” link. We use this information to communicate with you as requested.
• Non-personal Information. Like many websites, we may collect certain technical information about your use of the website and generally this is not information Harbour Group could use to identify you without reference to other information. For example, we may collect your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, the identity of your internet service provider (ISP), the number and duration of page visits, how you were directed to the website, and the number of clicks you make when you use the website. This does not include demographic information about you. We track and reference your usage information, in aggregation with the usage information of other visitors to the website, to better understand how effective our website is and how visitors interact with it. We may use third parties, such as Google and our website host, to provide analytics services based on this data. The analytics and the underlying data are generally only accessible to Harbour Group and its third party providers.
Please note, do not track signals are not effective on our website.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in one or more of the following ways:
• Third Party Service Providers.
o Website Hosts. We use third parties to host our website. These third parties may have access to the personal information you submit through the website consistent with the hosting of the site.
o Mail Service Companies. We may utilize the services of companies to generate and send postal mail and email communications to you based on the information you submit on the site.
• Event Co-Hosts. We work with certain organizations (such as mail service companies, event organizers, and business partners) to assist us with organizing and hosting events and providing you with the materials you request from us. If you have provided us with personal information for these purposes, we will share that information with such organizations in order that they may help us make the necessary arrangements.
• Successor Organizations. In the event Harbour Group undergoes a business transition (such as a merger or acquisition), we may transfer your personal information to the successor organization in such transaction. If material changes to Harbour Group’s privacy practices will occur as a result of the business transition, Harbour Group will post a notice on the website.
• Other Third Parties. We do not share or sell personally identifiable information to third parties for their commercial marketing purposes.
• Law Enforcement. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
We store your personal and non-personal information with the hosting providers discussed above. We may also store your personal information in our internal customer relationship databases.
Harbour Group uses reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal and non-personal information, online and offline. Because of the nature of our website, we do not currently encrypt any transmissions to or from the website in any manner. If you are uncomfortable with the unencrypted transmission of personal information described herein, please do not submit information to us through the website.
Our employees, including contract employees, are generally subject to restrictions which limit their access to and use of information obtained from Harbour Group to the business purpose of providing our services to you.
However, while we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of the website and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. Owners of personal information are generally advised to take steps to their personal information safe to the extent possible.
How to Access and Update Your Personal Information
At any time, you may contact Harbour Group to request that we make changes to your personal information. If you request that Harbour Group update or otherwise modify your information, we will amend your personal information within a reasonable time after your request. To request modifications of personal information that Harbour Group possesses about you, please contact us here.
However, please note that, after your personal information is changed, Harbour Group will continue to have the right to store all personal information collected from you through the website (including personal information which is no longer in active use due to its amendment in accordance with this Section) in our archives and to use and disclose such personal information for certain purposes permitted or required by applicable laws, including as we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our rights, or to protect the safety and security of our website or other users.
Our Policies Concerning Information from Minors
This website is not intended for children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children. Children under the age of thirteen should not use our website or provide us with any personal information.
In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from children under the age of thirteen, we will use reasonable efforts to erase such information from our records.